Musical Improv Games - Acapella Harmonies
Singing as an ensemble, freeing up the voice, deep listening, a spiritual experience!
- Players stand in a circle with their eyes closed if comfortable
- Participants are asked to take some breaths slowly together
- Then participants start singing any note to 'aah'
- At the end of a breath you can take your time and come in again
- Every person should be singing at the same volume to create a group chord
- It can sound horrible, or beautiful. Embrace both.
- Try adding some structure - consonant or rhythmic sounds, dynamic changes or even words
- Encourage listening as much as singing
- We have done this for up to one hour and in the dark! Have a listen to our 'singong' podcasts