Musical Improv Games - Band
Singing in an ensemble. Vocal range. Vocal styles.
- Performers are asked to think of an instrument in their heads
- The musician or backing music starts (or this could be acapella)
- Participants imitate their instrument.
- Generally everyone will start to sing along together and then be picked out for some solos.
- The instruments can be anything at all including percussion instruments, kazoos or didgeridoos.
- Once everyone has had a go at doing a solo, the piece can be brought to a big finish.
- It is quite fun to guess who was playing what afterwards, especially if it was quite obscure.
- Challenge yourself to pick a weird or obscure instrument
- See what it does to your voice rather than trying an exact imitation
- Join in with the group and hear the whole sound you are making