Musical Improv Games - Blues
This is loosely based on a 12 bar blues.
- An audience member is asked for something they feel a bit down about. Go for the light hearted stuff!
- Blues music starts and each player sings a verse about the suggestion
- A reliable structure is a rhyming couplet then 'I got the .....blues'
- After all players have sung, the ensemble can all sing together, 'We got the ......blues'
- Try to set up a rhyming gag for yourself on the second line
- Go for an innuendo or pun
- Rather than sticking to structure, why not go off piste and really let rip