Musical Improv Games - Favourite Things
Concentration. Keeping calm when everything has fallen apart.
- All sing through the verse/chorus of "Favourite things" to familiarise players with the tune
- Each line will be improvised by each player in turn
- Player 1 thinks of a category and sings things in that category, eg Fruit
- Player 1 - "Apples and lemons and strawberries and plums"
- Player 2 recognises the category and sings more things, the last of which rhymes!
- Player 2 - "Bananas and pears and peaches shaped like bums"
- Player 3 Sets up the next player to rhyme with the category...
- Player 3 - "Anyone can eat them, wimps or brutes"
- Player 4 completes the rhyme...
- Player 4 - "These are a few of my favourite fruits"
- Player 5 sings something that goes wrong with that thing
- Player 5 - "When the core rots"
- Player 6 does the same
- Player 6 - "When they're squishy"
- Player 7 same (they could set up a bad word for Player 8 if they are super-charged)
- Player 7 - "When they fall on your head"
- Player 8 sings two lines and rhymes
- Player 8 - "I simply remember my favourite fruits, and then I don't end up dead"
- All congratulate themselves about whatever just happened
- You cannot control what other players are doing. They will get everything wrong. Try not to stare disapprovingly at them, rather just give them your focus and wait.
- Some people's brains can do this, others just can't. We are all different thank goodness.
- If you happen to be in a group where everybody can achieve this ridiculous exercise then congratulations, you win Improv.