Musical Improv Games - Harmony Duets
Listening and harmonising. Singing with different people and in different styles. Vocal range.
- The musician or backing music starts a repetitive phrase or chord sequence
- Person 1 sings a short tune (can be la-la-la) that 'goes with' the music
- Person 1 repeats what they just sung while Person 2 joins in with a harmony line
- Person 2 repeats what they just sung on their own
- Person 2 repeats their line for a 3rd time while Person 3 joins in with a harmony line.
- Person 3 repeats their line on their own etc.
- The order goes 1, 1&2, 2, 2&3, 3, 3&4 etc.
- If you are not sure what harmony really is, just sing something that goes along with the music.
- You could try following the shape of the other person's tune
- You could deliberately sing something different in style that goes with the other tune
- If you are really fancy try singing a third or sixth above or below at all times