Musical Improv Games - Improvised Rounds
Ultimate commitment. Intense listening. Being comfortable with total failure.
- Pick a well known round like "Frere Jacques" for the tune.
- 4 people stand in a line
- A suggestion for the subject of the round is given
- Person 1 improvises the first line of the round
- Person 2 sings the first line while Person 1 sings the 2nd line!
- Person 3 sings the 1st line while Person 2 sings the 2nd line while Person 1 sings the 3rd line
- Person 4 sings the 1st line, 3 sings the 2nd, 2 sings the 3rd and 4 sings the 1st line.
- Now the round is underway and will sound like a total mess
- Finish the round when it totally falls apart, or with a triumphant unison
- Can you look straight forward without straining your body to hear the others
- Can you look like you have totally bossed it rather than being the most confused you have ever been
- Can you change the lines, or pick up other people's changes
- For an uber-challenge, start the round on one topic but try to morph each line to a new topic.