Musical Improv Games - Musical 8 Things
- Music starts - this can be the version on the backing track or anything at all!
- Person 1 hears the music and is inspired to suggest a category to Person 2, eg. "Give me, 8 things you'd find on the moon"
- Person 2 sings 8 things in that category with the rest of the group singing "One, thing, two things" in between each one.
- Person 1 - "rocks"
- All - "One thing"
- Person 1 - "Aliens"
- All -"two things"
- Person 1 - "Cheese"
- At the finale everyone sings '8 Things' in triumphant Musical Theatre style
- Instead of the ensemble singing 'one thing...' they could try singing the category instead 'moon stuff...'
- Present the piece like it is in a Musical
- Really support the soloist with eye contact and choreography
- Keep on singing! If you get stuck then repeat, make up words, do a dance - anything.