Musical Improv Games - Musical Henry
Moving into longform. Scenes into song.
- A Henry is usually a 4 person string of scenes that all take place in the same fictional town
- Each pair of people (1&2, 2&3, 3&4, 4&1) are given a location in that town such as post office
- We see the four scenes in four locations and players keep their characters throughout
- The scenes go round three times (Person 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 4 and 1 is one round)
- At least once every round there will be a short song from one of the scenes.
- Can you cut straight to the drama or emotional core of the scene?
- The songs will be short so go for it.
- Can you end on a group joining in big choreographed number?