Musical Improv Games - Set up Song
Listening and rhyming as a group.
- 5 players in a line
- A topic is suggested eg. "trees"
- 1st person sings a line that "sets up" the 2nd person to complete, eg:
- Player 1-VERSE 1-<setup>: This mighty tree is known to all folk
- 2nd person completes the rhyme, eg:
- Player 2: <complete>: And so it should be, the wondrous oak
- 2nd person sets up the 3rd person, eg:
- Player 2: <setup>: If you chop it down you'll earn some cash
- Player 3: <complete>: But please dont, it's rare the ash.
- Player 5: CHORUS
- Player 3-VERSE 2-<setup>:
- Player 4 - <complete>
- Player 4 - <setup>
- Player 1 - <complete>
- All: CHORUS
- Bow to stunned applause
- This seems very complicated in structure at first, but stick with it for the gold
- As always, a great opportunity to YES AND anything that your song partner throws at you