Musical Improv Games - Song Circle
Putting together a whole song. Improvising as a group. Feeling different song structures
- A topic is suggested or the music starts to play.
- Someone walks across the circle towards another player singing an improvised "line" of a song
- The other player then walks towards someone else singing the second "line"
- This continues until the song is finished.
- This is a great sandbox for trying out literally anything! Songs are negotiated by the whole group.
- Choruses can be sung all together.
- Can you pre-decide a song structure you are trying to achieve?
- Can you make a chorus really stand out?
- Try to really 'Yes and' the previous line rather than deciding what you are going to sing way in advance.