Musical Improv Games - Split scene tagline Song
A sure-fire pathos-inducing, tear-jerking crowd-pleasing stunner
- 1st singer comes on stage and monologues (spoken) to set scene and setting
- 2nd singer enters in a different locality and or different reality and monologues.
- 1st singer sings a tagline verse to audience - an inner monologue
- 2nd singer sings a tagline verse using whatever last line (the tagline) the 1st singer used
- Bridge is shared
- Both singers repeat their verses over the top of each other
- When repeating your verse, do not worry about remembering it exactly, just the rhymes, or the feeling behind it is enough
- Try to find the space between you and your song partner in the lines
- Try to land on the last line together. If you don't just keep repeating it until you do find it.