Musical Improv Games - Tagline Song
- Players sing a song with the form Verse, Verse, Bridge, Verse with the "tagline" of the song coming on the first or last line of each verse.
- A tagline is a line that is repeated but does not appear in a chorus (there is usually no chorus in a tagline song)
- The tagline should be repeated in the same place in the verse as the first person set it, often the first or last line
- The bridge usually does not contain the tagline
- You can all sing the tagline together at the end.
- This structure is very popular in jazz as well as improv
- Try to make your bridges as heightening or contrasting as possible
- If you do not all manage to sing the tagline together, try again!