Musical Improv Games - Titling
Scene into song. Musical theatre acting
- Any number of players start a scene.
- The emotional content is ramped up throughout the scene until a song is needed
- When a suitable title for a song is heard in the dialogue it is repeated in cheesy musical theatre style out to the audience.
- eg. Player 1 - "But John I have always held a flame for you"
- Player 2 - "Love cannot survive in a storm"
- Player 2 - <to audience>"Love cannot survive in a storm"
- The song, "Love cannot survive in a storm" is then heard with that title being used as a tagline or in the chorus.
- A real chance to dust off those acting skills and go for it
- Try to make sure you do actually sing the song you have 'promised' the audience with your title
- Can the title appear in the chorus? Or as a surprise in the bridge perhaps.